Looking for a new job? Want to change careers? The Virginia Workforce Network can connect you to regional resources to help you find a job or help you identify the education you need to improve your career. The Virginia Career Works Central Region office serves as the local anchor to this network where many partner agencies come together to provide:
- Latest local and national job openings
- Computer resource center for researching job openings, matching job skills and creating resumes
- Job Fair and training program information
- College information, enrollment and financial aid assistance
- Job search, job placement and other assistance from training staff
- Vocational counseling and job skills workshops
- Assistance for veterans and disabled workers
- Copy, fax, printer and internet services.
To search for jobs online, visit the Virginia Employment Commission’s WorkConnect website.
Another resource is the Central Virginia Community College (CVCC) Workforce Solutions & Community Education department which offers business and professional development and career coaching services for Central Virginia residents.